Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Little Blue Ball

Little Blue Ball

Took a few years to come to grips with the pain
Now I’ve learned the one true art, the art of forgiving
Sometimes when a heart gets, carved out so low
It allows for so much more love to grow
The first carver was you I tried to love your anger away
But you gave too many bruises, for me to stay another day
And then there was you. Ya promised we’d be together for life
6 months later I found pictures of your wife
Then there was you, the greatest, I would love you rich or poor
But now you’re locked away for years for robbing that store
Then there was you, I started the family you begged me to create
Then just as passionately you begged me to terminate
The next carver was you always telling me how special I am
Then you tried to share me with your friend
And you, taking me against my will
I give you credit, you’re the best carver still

I let go
I move on
Little blue ball keeps spinning
On and on

Then there was me, who cut others so deep
I was a nasty liar who did such cruddy things
It would be so easy to call you all fools
But we’re only a mirror so I guess I am one too
Besides I wouldn’t change a thing I would go through it all again
It made me so strong made me who I am
Yes, you game of life, you caught me off guard
But I win, Touchdown! Even with all the scars
Shhhhhh... deeply hidden, I wonder did I enjoy the pain?
Because it made me feel so alive again
To watch how deep my sorrow could go
To see if I could come back from sinking so low
I've observed all my sado-masochistic acts
Seen and felt the divine darkness and light
I must say it's all a reflection
Of the true beauty of life

I let go
I move on
Little blue ball keeps spinning
On and on

No comments: