Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An Amazing Gift

I had felt some guilt regarding the sexual undertone of my website. I thought, why am I living so low, on this base chakra? I should raise the vibration to the crown chakra or at least the third eye! I should have beautiful pictures more indicative of an Earth Goddess. I should have showed the other side of myself. What will the people at my spiritual center think?

Then it occurred to me. The naked body is so beautiful. Sensuality is such a gift. I recalled a conversation that I had with my wonderful, enlightened, gay buddies, Michael and Shaymus. We were watching some reality show and this lady came on half naked. I sqinched up my face and yelled, "Why is she so naked?!" To that, Shaymus replied so nonchalantly, "Maybe we're supposed to be naked." Then it occurred to me, there is nothing wrong with nakedness, it is my perception of nakedness that is the problem. Nakedness is beauty, truth, purity, natural, God. Yet, I run from it, ridicule it, and hide it.

So many cultures outside of America look at us like we're crazy for our conservatism and I can see why. Having such an adversity to nakedness speaks to issues with our sexuality. It speaks to a shame and hidden fear regarding sex. It sheds a light on all the misinformation our parents and parents' parents passed on regarding sex. A lot of us were made to feel that nudity and sexuality is wrong, dirty, nasty, and dangerous (that's true if it's good.) Even today, these thoughts still surround sex. I want to go on record to say, sex is beautiful, powerful, lovely, joyous, amazing, healing and magical. It's just a matter of being responsible and mature, taking care of yourself physically and emotionally.

Now, where I still have some judgment, and I'm working on it, is when I see woman on certain shows, videos, walking down the street, and you can just tell she's not comfortable. You can tell she's trying desperately, begging to look sexy for someone other than her self. I can spot it so easily because I've suffered from it myself. Guys do it too. You can just feel the insecurity oozing from them. I just want to wrap a jacket around them and give them a hug. They are not living in their truth. But then there are women or men, who have a certain walk about them, an aura, breasts popping out, bulge in there pants, legs glistening, and they OWN it. They are so comfortable, they are loving themselves, and looking so good I want to bite them! I just love that. Oh, how I adore the days when I pass by a mirror and I look so good I honestly have to stop and touch myself. That's what I'm talking about! Love yourself, own your sexuality. Be comfortable with it. Enjoy your sexuality. It is an amazing gift.

No comments: