Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Lost Faith in Humanity - Burning Man

Let me start by saying I'm grateful to Burning Man for helping me remember humanity's beauty. I've always been in awe of how fundamentally kind humans are.. all races, all nationalities, all religions, all over the world.. people are generally, so nice. Truly.  That's why I feel like I have to apologize to myself.. I know that sounds ridiculous..but I must apologize to me..perhaps apologize to my higher self. I have to say I'm sorry for allowing thoughts of race and separatism to negatively penetrate my consciousness over the last year. I'm so much better than that. Really I am. And I'm so sorry.  
However, in my defense, the constant pounding of the media, with all the "current events" had me thinking how different we all are. I started thinking maybe this race is this way and that race is that way. I started thinking that people didn't like me because of my heavily melaninated appearance.  If someone cut me off on the road, if someone didn't speak when I walked in to a store.. if someone accidentally bumped in to me while walking..I would take offense..look at them sideways..and call racism. I was never like that before. NEVER. 
The negative propaganda had infiltrated my psyche. (and I have a pretty strong, loving psyche) I can't imagine what has infiltrated other people or whether they can even admit it to themselves. Or perhaps there is nothing to admit, because they've suppressed the negativity, the prejudice, the thoughts of separatism, in to their subconscious, where it acts out in other ways..through body language, speaking tone or simply which cashier they choose at the grocery store. Oh the subconscious prejudice is the worst. It gets passed to your children, your co-workers feel it, etc etc. 
Anyway, I didn't mean to write about anything this heavy.. my point was supposed to be how Burning Man made me remember how we are all the same. ALL THE SAME. We all have the same base needs..we all want to love and to be loved. I repeat, we all want to LOVE AND TO BE LOVED.  We all want that same attentive love energy that helped nurture us to survive as a baby..love and safety. And furthermore, all of us, ALL of us, are trying to heal some pain, some loss. EVERYONE. We are all the same. Universally, we want the same things..the simplicity of that is so beautiful to me.
Thank you Black Rock Desert (Burning Man). Thank you, you magical land, full of compassion, passion and wisdom. You made me remember how beautifully connected we all are. 
Seeing all the various people, the different cultures all together, dancing, partying, and celebrating life.. Plus, all the classes/lectures, with people from all over the world, learning together..studying together, meditating together.  Oh the joy, when we can celebrate similarities and differences! 
I apologize for forgetting the kindness of humanity...our oneness, the joy of society!! A pop up party for all!
Lower Self: Apology accepted Tina? 
Higher Self: Yes..but don't let it happen again

No comments: